High Net Worth & Financially Complex Divorce
Divorce is a difficult process that can all too easily be extremely complicated when the marital estate includes substantial assets. When substantial assets are present, a number of analyses need to be performed, including:
- How were the assets acquired?
- Were the assets acquired before or during the marriage?
- What was the value of an asset on the date of marriage if it was acquired before the marriage?
- If an asset was acquired before the marriage, has the asset been kept separate from the marital finances or was it woven into the fabric of the marriage?
- Did increases in value or equity of an asset occur during the marriage and if so, what is the value of that increase?
- If you own a business, what is the real value of the business?
- Is there a difference between Subchapter C and Subchapter S corporations for divorce business evaluation purposes?
- Are there income tax or capital gains tax ramifications for any assets of the marriage?
Ensuring that these and the other relevant financial questions are appropriately addressed and answered calls for securing the help of a family law attorney who has a focus on the financial aspects of divorce.
Exceptional Focus On Finances
Attorney JoAnne Meyers graduated cum laude from Providence College with a B.S. in Business Management and Finance. When she began practicing law in 1985, she quickly came to understand the ways in which a divorce is essentially a financial transaction. Attorney Meyers relies on her background and her decades of experience handling complex marital estate to provide her clients with the highly effective representation they expect.
Helping To Protect The Future You Deserve
We are focused on providing our high-asset divorce clients with representation that is tailored to their exact needs. While divorce is a challenging process, it does not have to mean the loss or degradation of your lifestyle. We work hard to protect our clients’ assets and financial status throughout the divorce process. From business valuation and complex retirement packages to dealing with multiple properties and substantial investment portfolios, we can help you achieve your goals.
High-Asset Divorce Attorney In Chelmsford, Massachusetts
With our focus on the financial side of the divorce transaction, we are able to offer our clients the experienced, effective counsel they can rely on. If you have a high net worth or financially complex divorce, we invite you to call us for a free case evaluation.