Helping You Create Peace Of Mind
Whether you are considering how to begin working on your estate plan, you have been named as a loved one’s personal representative for his or her estate or you are facing some other type of estate-related issue, having experienced counsel to guide you can make all of the difference.
We offer our skilled and experienced representation to people who are seeking guidance on estate-related issues such as:
- Probate — This is the process by which a will is proved to be valid. The personal representative is responsible for the estate and making sure all relevant duties such as inventorying assets, paying debts and other matters are handled correctly.
- Estate planning — Creating a clear, concise and legally enforceable plan for your estate can save your loved ones a tremendous amount of difficulty when they are going through the grieving process.
- Estate administration — The duties of a personal representative can be complicated. Failing to properly carry out those duties can open you up to personal liability from a disgruntled heir.
- Wills and trusts — Wills and trusts are two of the most common estate planning tools. Each offers different advantages. They key is to understand how each can serve your needs and use them in the most appropriate manner to achieve your estate planning goals.
- Powers of attorney — These allow you to transfer decision-making power over to another person. For example, you can create a power of attorney which would appoint someone to make financial decisions for you should you need that type of assistance.
- Health care proxies — A health care proxy allows you to appoint someone to make health care decisions if you become incapacitated. This is a way to make sure that someone you trust is making those critical choices.
- Will contests — If you believe that there has been some error, deliberate or otherwise, in the probate of a will, we can help you fight to ensure that the will and the estate are properly handled.
- Guardianships — If a loved one is no longer able to make sound choices for himself or herself regarding critical matters such as health care decisions and finances, it may be time to become his or her legal guardian. We can help you through this complex process.
Experienced Probate and Estate Planning Attorney
We invite you to contact us for experienced help with your estate-related issue. We offer a free case evaluation.